> On 07 Feb 2016, at 08:48, Andrew Lowe <a...@wht.com.au> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>    Has anyone managed to build the latest, V3.6, of Qt-creator? I'm
> attempting to do so and am getting a problem related to libQtcSsh.so and
> something called Botan. Reeading in more depth in the error, it appears
> that it can't find basic_string, for example:
>
> *********************
>
> /var/tmp/portage/dev-qt/qt-creator-3.6.0/work/qt-creator-opensource-src-3.6.0/lib64/qtcreator/libQtcSsh.so:
> undefined reference to
> `Botan::User_Interface::User_Interface(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char,
> std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)

Well this is a linker error. This means that you are linking without -lbotan
flag or the installed version of libbotan.so is incompatible with
qt-creator-3.6.0

You can fix this by compiling qt-creator without out botan or upgrading
dev-libs/botan to a version required by qt-creator.

If you have the correct version of botan installed then it might be that the
linker is unable to find libbotan.so

Based on the error messages it is probably a version mismatch, because there is
only one kind of undefined reference.

--
-Matti