My effort to update my syestem continues unabated. =\

One problem is that every time revdep-rebuild is run, it always rebuilds
all of libreoffice, an 8-hour build. WTF, seriously, WTF?

I made the mistake of syncing portage again and was thrown back into
useflag hell:

I tried to fix it by setting wayland, gles2 and egl to default because
they were breaking other packages.

I don't even know how to read the current error message:

######

tortoise ~ # ./pretendupdate

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

media-libs/mesa:0

  (media-libs/mesa-11.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
pulled in by
    (no parents that aren't satisfied by other packages in this slot)

  (media-libs/mesa-11.1.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    media-libs/mesa[egl,gbm,gles2?,wayland] required by
(kde-plasma/kwin-5.5.5:5/5::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

^^^^^^^

It might be possible to solve this slot collision
by applying all of the following changes:
   - media-libs/mesa-11.1.2-r1 (Change USE: +wayland +gles2)

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "app-text/asciidoc" has unmet
requirements.
- app-text/asciidoc-8.6.9-r2::gentoo USE="graphviz -examples -highlight
-test" ABI_X86="64" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="-pypy -python2_7"
PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -pypy"

  The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
    exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_pypy
python_single_target_python2_7 )

  The above constraints are a subset of the following complete expression:
    exactly-one-of ( python_single_target_pypy
python_single_target_python2_7 ) python_single_target_pypy? (
python_targets_pypy ) python_single_target_python2_7? (
python_targets_python2_7 )

(dependency required by "net-misc/tor-0.2.8.1_alpha::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "@selected" [set])
(dependency required by "@world" [argument])
tortoise ~ #

#####

Current state of mind: put a live hand grenade in to the computer and
walk away.

I've been using Gentoo Every day now for ten years. This is an entirely
New level of bullshit. =(

Modest list of complete and utter FAIL:

####

tortoise portage # tree -L 2