On Tue, 10 May 2016 10:53:03 +0200, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> Currently, I have to manually remember to copy the schema across when I
> update the ftp-server. Is there a way to set up a little script that
> will automatically copy the schema file to a different location after a
> successful install/update without having to patch the ebuild-files.
> (manually copying is less error-prone)

You can define hooks in /etc/portage/bashrc and /etc/portage/env that are
run at various stages of the ebuild. A post_install hook in
/etc/portage/env/cat/ftp-server should do what you want.

https://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/doc/portage.html#config-bashrc-ebuild-phase-hooks

--
Neil Bothwick

A great many people mistake opinions for thoughts. -- Herbert V. Prochnow