El mié, 13-07-2016 a las 09:13 -0400, Rich Freeman escribió:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 8:44 AM, James <wirel...@tampabay.rr.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone attempted to install a self hosted gitlab  on gentoo
> > server(s)?
> > A small gentoo cluster/container setup? Using a Distributed File
> > System,
> > like cephfs, orangefs or other DFS?
> >

> I know the Gentoo Infra team has had negative experiences with
> hosting
> just about anything Java and don't want to go near it.  I don't know
> if that is based on specific experiences with GitLab or with just
> avoidance with Java in general.  Most of the competing solutions in
> this space are also Java-based which is why we don't host any kind of
> alternative to Github.

What java has to do with gitlab? according to the repo I see is mostly
ruby code[1](both gitlab and gitlab-ci). what you wrote make it seems
like it is a java app.
In the github mirror of gitlab(the main app), the file stats are:
2,253 Ruby
697 Haml
319 Markdown
158 CoffeeScript
99 SCSS
90 Cucumber
40 YAML
39 HTML+ERB
26 SVG
25 JavaScript
I have tried it using docker, and it does uses a lot of resources as
someone previously said.

BTW, after I quick look at Gogs it does seem a nice option, very
'github like'. I will try it for sure.

 [1] https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq