On Wed, Dec 07, 2016 at 06:42:21PM -0500, Alan Grimes wrote:

> -> Updating weekly, as I used to do is a Good Idea, Agreed.

Sounds like a good idea.  I update anywhere from daily to a few times a
week.  Every once in a while I loose track of the time and go a week or so
between updates.  A "long time" between updates for me would be a couple of
weeks.

> --> X11 would probably need to be shut down two which is equivalent to a
> reboot on a desktop system anyway.

Shutting down X11 doesn't appear to be equivalent to a reboot on my desktop.
If I shut down X11, my uptime still keeps accumulating.

I'm way overdue for a reboot to switch to a newer kernel.  It's been 83 days
since my last reboot.  I've built a couple of new kernels that I haven't
tested yet.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.