On 04/09/2017 05:45 PM, the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
On 04/09/2017 10:17 AM, Mick wrote:
On Sunday 09 Apr 2017 09:49:07 the...@sys-concept.com wrote:
I've installed: net-misc/nxclient-3.5.0.7 on x86 and it compiled without
errors, but when I try to run it I get an error:

nxclient
/usr/bin/nxclient: line 8: /usr/NX/bin/nxclient: cannot execute binary file:
Exec format error /usr/bin/nxclient: line 8: /usr/NX/bin/nxclient: Success

In a remote location all my boxes are Gentoo except one Win10 (Home
Edition). I have a hard time connecting to it.
X2Go has only client for Win10 but in order for x2go to connect to Win10, it
would have to run X2Go-server isn't it?

Win10 has Remote Desktop for connecting to other computers, but you can't
remote desktop to Windows 10 Home itself. That requires Windows 10 Pro.

What are my alternatives?

Have you looked at tigervnc and friends?  There are also 3rd party services
like teamviewer, splashtop, et al. which I think are free for personal use -
*if* you can trust them.  I don't trust them, so I use VNC over SSH or VPN.

I've tried "tigernvc" and I get an error message:
"unable to connect to socket: Connection refused (10061)"

Win 7 firewall is OFF.
Configure this Window for networking is harder than Linux.

I've tried mount Win10 dir via Samba and I get:

mount -t cifs -o username=OP1,password=op1 //10.0.0.114/temp mnt/
mount: //10.0.0.114/temp is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: cannot mount //10.0.0.114/temp read-only

The "temp" directory on Win10 is not read only.
I gave "everybody" full control

Look in the docs for tigervnc, you probably have to configure the tigervnc service. You are running the service, right?

For Windows sharing Google is your friend. These are common isses.

Dan