I emerged kde 3.4 using the metapackages (kdebase-meta, kdeaddons-meta etc.).
However I now find that emerge -u world fails to update any of the component
packages to their latest versions, which should all be 3.4.1(-r2/r3/etc).  I
end up emerging newer versions individually (e.g. "emerge kopete") when I
think I have a bug problem, which is obviously a clumsy way to do things.

I know I can "emerge kdebase-meta kdeaddons-meta kdeblahblahblah" to get
things up to date, but is there a way to get portage to actually deal with
kde nicely like it used to?

Many thanks
Robert
--
Robert Persson

"Don't use nuclear weapons to troubleshoot faults."
(US Air Force Instruction 91-111, 1 Oct 1997)