On Monday 16 January 2006 04:28, Stroller wrote:
> It does indeed seem very good, but again it requires training, which
> is something I'm trying to avoid in this instance.
>
> Stroller.

No solution you have is going to be perfect I suspect. Really it does come
down to individual requirements, because everyone is different. It is much
easier to offer a full filter service to clients, then If they want it turn
it on - just like many ISPs do - they can. So 'training' is minimised to
maybee a simple FAQ and users can take care of the rest. Course this is not
useful if your site is getting hammered by spam :(

Otherwise, for example with spamassasin, each client can set up their own
account with some effective filters for their own type of email. I'm using
kmail with my own account and that has a very useful wizard that creates a
seperate folder for spam, learns and dumps any that I manually mark as spam,
and moves it all to that folser, where I can easily review it.

Also I use another module called mail-filter/dcc that seems to help greatly.

--
Simon: "I never shot anyone before."

Book: "I was there, son. I'm fair sure you haven't shot anyone yet."