On 5/6/06, Marc Redmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

> I'm trying to emerge mythtv but keep running into a problem with sandbox.
>
> Whenever I try to emerge, the compiling seems to work fine, but the
> installation fails and I get several 'Access Violations'.  It seems that
> instead of installing  into '/usr/xxx', mythtv is trying to go straight to
> '/' (ie: /bin ... /lib ... /share).

if sandbox is your only problem while istalling mythtv try

FEATURES="-sandbox" emerge mythtv

to work around your problem (actually sandbox is switched of with the above
command).

In the past, I've gotten mythtv to install by disabling sandbox.  However, the result is that all the mythtv binaries, libraries and docs get installed into '/bin', '/lib', '/share' (respectively) which is a problem when it thinks everything should be in '/usr/bin', '/usr/lib', '/usr/share'.

What I'm confused about is that it doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem and I'm wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong.

TIA,

-Hani
--
"If, of the many truths, you select only one and follow it blindly, it will become a falsehood, and you a fanatic."