On AD 2007 June 15 Friday 08:55:40 AM +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> On my system, I don't use a modem and don't intend to ever
> do so. Because of this, I did not install net-dialup/ppp.
> But I'd now like to install kde-base/kde-meta, which will
> pull in kde-base/kdenetwork-meta, which will pull in kde-base/kppp
> and this will finally pull in net-dialup/ppp.

When I encountered this one (there really should be a ppp flag for
the kdenetwork ebuild), I did this:

# vi $(equery which kdenetwork)

Find the line in RDEPEND that says net-dialup/ppp and delete it.

# ebuild $(equery which kdenetwork) digest
# emerge -uDN world

It seems like a hack, and it is, but it worked for me.

Justin