maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> $eix kde gives:
>
> <...>
> * kde-base/kde
>      Available versions:  3.5.5:3.5 ~3.5.6:3.5
> 3.5.7:3.5 ~3.5.8:3.5
>      Installed:           3.5.2
>      Homepage:            http://www.kde.org/
> all non-developer kde-base/* packages
> <...>
>
> And heres the tail of emerge -pv kde
>
> <...>
> [ebuild     U ] kde-base/kde-3.5.7 [3.5.2]
> USE="-accessibility" 0 kB
> [blocks B     ] =kde-base/libkdeedu-3.5* (is blocking
> kde-base/kdeedu-3.5.7)
> [blocks B     ] =kde-base/klatin-3.5* (is blocking
> kde-base/kdeedu-3.5.7)
> [blocks B     ] kde-base/kde-env (is blocking
> kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.7-r3)
> [blocks B     ] =kde-base/kdeedu-3.5* (is blocking
> kde-base/libkdeedu-3.5.2, kde-base/klatin-3.5.2)
>
> Total: 47 packages (22 upgrades, 25 new, 4 blocks),
> Size of downloads: 195,873 kB
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $
>
> Nothing about v4.0 to be found. Is it the blocks? Do
> the intervening versions need to be emerged first?
>
> Maxim

I emerged autounamsk and used the command "autounmask
kde-base/kde-meta-4.0.0" without the quotes of course.  There may be a
block or two.  I had one that involved qt.  I also had to mask qt 4.4
since it does not have dbus support.

A few people have installed it so post any boo boos you may get.  We'll
get you through it.  Keep in mind, it still has some missing features.
I found one right off the bat and I can't live without it so I may login
and mess around some but nothing major.   It is very cool looking tho.
My hats off to the coders on this one.  Lot of caffeine on this project.

Ah, you may have to get a later version of KDE 3.5 before going any
farther.  I had 3.5.8 on mine and had no blocks with it.  Want my
package.keywords and package.unmask files.

Dale

:-)  :-)