Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [08-10-04 16:14]:
> On Saturday 04 October 2008 15:23:42 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Alan McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [08-10-04 15:19]:

> > > You didn't give any output, so I have to guess. Most likely a different
> > > package is still installed which needs the same kde you just removed and
> > > that in turn conflicts with what you want to install now.
> > >
> > > Post the full output of 'emerge -pvuNDt world' and we'll deciphyer it for
> > > you
> > >
> > > --
> > > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
> >
> > Hi Alan!
> >
> > Here it comes:
> >

> > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
> >
> > Calculating world dependencies   - app-cdr/mp3burn-0.3.3-r1 (masked by:
> > package.mask) /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
> > # Jeremy Olexa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (02 Sep 2008)
> > # Removed at maintainer's request in 30 days by the treecleaners.
> > # Please don't waste cds trying to use this program, bug 227143
>
> Aside: You probably want to unmerge this one above too
>
> [snip]
>
> > [ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdeartwork-3.5.9
> > USE="opengl -arts* -debug -kdeenablefinal -xinerama -xscreensaver" 0 kB
>
> That is a monolithic package, but portage wants to Replace it, which means it
> was never uninstalled. I'll give you the short version, followed by the
> (longer) explanation of what happened:
>
> Short version:
> - unmerge all these packages (list ripped straight out from the kde ebuild)
> RDEPEND="~kde-base/kdelibs-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdebase-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdeaddons-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdeadmin-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdeartwork-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdeedu-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdegames-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdegraphics-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdemultimedia-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdenetwork-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdepim-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdetoys-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdeutils-${PV}
>         ~kde-base/kdewebdev-${PV}
>         accessibility? ( ~kde-base/kdeaccessibility-${PV} )
> - run 'emerge -av --depclean' as a sanity check. The output should be
> obvious,
> it might list a few more kde packages that you missed. Unmerge those, but
> note their names in case you want to put them back later
> - emerge kde-meta (or if you prefer to get a smaller set instead of all of
> kde
> follow the handbook and emerge just the -meta packages you want)
>
> Long version:
>
> The traditional kde packages in portage (from long long ago) mirrored the
> organization of how the kde project released their stuff - as 16 or so huge
> packages. The kde ebuild by itself does nothing, if you look inside you'll
> see it's just a huge RDEPEND. The 16 packages in that are the ones that
> actually install kde.
>
> You seem to have at one point emerged kde, and got all 16 packages with it.
> [...]

yes, this is the point where I am currently: Trying to unmerge these
packages.
It works physically, but after unmerging the stuff and redoing
a emerge -pvuNDt (as I did to send you the list after trying to
unmerge all packages in question) emerge thinks, that all that is
still on my harddisc.
See also my initial mail.
Kind regards,
Meino Cramer