On 02/15/2010 12:28 PM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
On Monday 15 February 2010 21:23:54 walt wrote:
Anyone else having problems mounting nfs shares with nfs-utils-1.2.1?

'mount.nfs' complains I'm passing it a bad nfs option no matter what
options I give it, including no options.

Strace shows that nfs.mount is passing a weird-looking IP address
string to the 'mount' system call (man 2 mount), e.g.:

mount("k2:/media/d", "/mnt/nfs", "nfs", 0,
"addr=192.168.0.100,vers=4,client"...) = -1 EINVAL

At first glance I suspect you have nfs v4 support and the server does not like
it.

The USE flag changed at 1.1.6-r1 from nonfsv4 to nfsv4 so if you did not
change USE you will get the exact opposite support between the earliest and
most recent version in portage.

<pet hate>
Don't you just hate negative USE flags on the lines of no* ? You have to
switch then on to not get something. Far better to have a positive flag and
enable it by default in the profile. Not to mention the confusion that
changing it later causes, witness this case here.

I did not include nfs4 in my kernel because it was marked 'experimental'.
(Hey, just because I choose to run ~amd64 doesn't mean I'm reckless ;o)

I set the 'nonfsv4' USE flag and recompiled nfs-utils but got exactly the
same error.

The next step is to build a new kernel with nfs4 support and unset the
'nonfsv4' flag, but at the moment I'm running a ver-r-r-y long partition
resize with gparted so that I can add more space to my experimental lvm2
volumes.  (Working great so far.)  I think I'll fall asleep before gparted
is finished, so I'll supply more information tomorrow.