From: geowanking-boun...@geowanking.org
[mailto:geowanking-boun...@geowanking.org] On Behalf Of Pablo Rodríguez Madroño
Sent: 09 February 2010 11:10
To: geowanking
Subject: Re: [Geowanking] 1:1 scale mapping

But I think that AR is not strictly producing maps, at least in a "classical"
sense. It only appends a set of 1:1 features to a physical reality, and the
results lose all the practicity once the reality goes away.

For me, the maps of Borges and Carroll are impractical in the sense that the
base cartography is part of the result, whereas in AR there is no base
cartography, and that's what makes the idea so powerful.

--
Pablo Rodríguez Madroño