On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 05:06:43PM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:
> There is a gimp-plugins project at SourceForge which you might be
> interested in, since they can provide you with web, ftp and cvs resources:
>
>       http://gimp-plug-ins.sourceforge.net/
>
> PS: I don't know why people decided to use the SourceForge resources
>     since we have all we need at gimp.org and cvs.gnome.org. But it
>     turned out that people prefer SourceForge. Seems to be hip ATM.

Basically because gimp.org resources were not percieved as readily
available, at least in comparison to SourceForge screaming "here, take
it, please!"  We wanted to be able to pass out CVS and web write access
to an as yet undetermined number of people without disturbing the core.
Since plug-in development has a different centre that core development,
it did not seem unreasonable to base the community at a seperate site.

--
Kevin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | OpenPGP encryption welcome here