Hello,

I'm just bought a Wacom Volito and tried to use it with Gimp. After some
time it worked fine, except one thing.

If I understood correctly there are to kinds of events the wacom driver can
emit: Normal core events like my mouse and extended events which include
e.g. the pressure I use, when I'm drawing with the pen.

My problem is, that sometime when Gimp correctly grabs the extended input
events from the tablet I'm unable to select a button out of the drawing
window. Neither can I use the mouse for clicking on a button. It seems to
me, that only the extended input events are emitted/grabbed. When I'm
clicking out of the window for some time, the xinput switches back to
normal, so that I can e.g. close a window or click a button. But this
sometimes needs more than a minute or 100 clicks, which is pretty annoying.

I hope it's clear what my problem is and please excuse my bad English.
I experienced the problem on my laptop and on my desktop computer and I
would be very glad if someone could give me a hint.

The software I use is:

X.org 6.8.1.99 (Laptop) XFree 4.3 (Desktop
linuxwacom xinput driver 0.6.6
Gimp 2.2.3-2 (Debian package)

Part of my xorg.conf/XFree86-4:
#Trackpoint
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

#USB Mouse
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "USB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse2"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

#Wacom Volito
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Wacom Stylus"
        Driver          "wacom"
#       Option          "CorePointer"
#       Option          "AlwaysCore"     "on"
        Option          "Device"         "/dev/input/event1"
        Option          "Type"           "stylus"
        Option          "USB"            "on"
#       Option          "ForceDevice"    "ISDV4"
        Option          "Mode"           "Absolute"
        Option          "TopX" "1"
        Option          "BottomX" "5100"
        Option          "TopY" "1"
        Option          "BottomY" "3700"
        Option          "resX" "1024"
        Option          "resY" "768"
        Option          "KeepShape"      "on"
#       Option          "DebugLevel"     "10"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"
        InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
        InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
#       InputDevice     "tp-scroll mouse"
        InputDevice     "USB Mouse"
        InputDevice     "Wacom Stylus" "AlwaysCore"
EndSection

Cheers,
Johannes