The answers need to come from the programmers. - I post observations (not
solutions) from my own experience. -- 1: Some software allows choosing of
the amount of ram that it will access. 2: Some software will only access a
certain amount of ram regardless of the amount that you have available. ---
I've had this same issue with Gimp and other software through several
versions of windows (currently running Gimp 2.8 on Windows 10 with ample
ram) - Gimp will lock up at a certain point and the only solution is to
restart windows. Then Gimp will carry on normally. The best thing to do is
to save often... very often. - - - QUESTIONS = A: Can I specify the amount
of Ram that will be accessed by Gimp? If so, how? (I haven't seen this
relating to any cut/paste operations or the move tool) B: Can any Gimp
code-writers, programmers offer help or solutions?

*Nate Owens*
www.nateowens.com
nateowen...@gmail.com