Jan Snyder wrote:
> It's strange. All the developmental releases had toolbox always on
> top. I use Linux and  now it is not on top. The only way I could get
> it on top is to right0click on the titlebar and select always on top,
> but then it's literally on top of every window, firefox for instance.
> Is there some way to enable on top. It's a bit early for me in the
> morning. Perhaps I am missing something. What happened to that
> wonderful on top toolbox from the Developmental releases?

You say "I use Linux now [...]". Did you use something else when it worked?

In any case, what GIMP 2.6 has done is simply to change the default in

Edit -> Preferences -> Window Management

for

Hint for the toolbox
Hint for other docks

to 'Utility window' instead of 'Normal'. This change in defaults was
made possible with the introduction of the Empty Image Window. Perhaps
when it worked you had those set set to 'Keep above' ?

BR,
Martin