Hi,

First of all, thanks a bunch for a great tool!

I have a rather small root partition on my system, ext3 formatted,
where the gitorious was installed using the build scripts for Arch
Linux ( http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34713 ). Then I have
a large partition ext4 formatted where I wanted to put the
repositories. I figured the easiest was just to move the folder and
create a soft link back to the old location.

This seemed to work, but when I pushed to the server I got the
following result:
$ git push origin master
Counting objects: 5, done.
Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 264 bytes, done.
Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: /opt/ruby-enterprise/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/
custom_require.rb:29:in `gem_original_require': no such file to load
-- stomp (LoadError)
remote: from /opt/ruby-enterprise/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/
custom_require.rb:29:in `require'
remote: from ./hooks/messaging.rb:23
remote: from hooks/post-receive:23:in `require'
remote: from hooks/post-receive:23
To git@192.168.0.2:test/test.git
291a4f6..a3f3a26 master -> master

Other than the activity log missing (and the "error warning"), this
seemed to work from what I could gather. The commit log was updated
correctly.

You might wonder why I didn't set the path in gitorious.yml. Reason
is, when I did that it seemed that the repositories were created in
the "old location",  but the server then tried to access the
repository in the new location. I got error messages like this in the
"server stdout":

ActionView::TemplateError (/scratch1/gitorious/repositories/5d2/2f3/
d1fb5a1b6ebed4e3590304e3be7fd431ae.git) on line #46 of app/views/
repositories/_overview.html.erb:
43:          :locals => {:repository => repository} -%>
44:
45:  </div>
46:  <% if verbose && repository.has_commits? && !
repository.git.heads.blank? -%>
47:    <div class="branches">
48:      <ul class="branch_list">

On the web page I got a warning that "something went wrong". I could
see in this case the folder 5d2 had been created in git's $HOME/
repositories.

This is not a big problem for me, but if you know what I am doing
wrong please explain. And let me know if I can provide further input.

Best Regards,
Yngve