I regret to report that Chris Gagnon, AKA Chris Case, passed away
yesterday (WED 17 DEC).  Chris was a local hacker, Linux/FOSS
enthusiast, and by all reports, real good guy.  He is notable to
GNHLUG for running meetings in Nashua for a while.

  Multiple memorial gatherings are being held:

-----

Day: FRI 19 DEC 2014
Time: 3 PM to 4:45 PM
Where: Martha's Exchange Restaurant & Brewery
Address: 185 Main Street, Nashua, NH

"Join us Friday afternoon to celebrate the life of a dear friend.
Please arrive early, the memorial will begin promptly at 3pm.  Bring
memories to share with Chris' friends and family.  Feel free to
forward this announcement to anyone we may have missed.  There is a
parking garage on High Street.  RSVP by Noon Friday if possible."

https://www.facebook.com/events/762439507143613/

-----

Day: FRI 19 DEC 2014
Time: 4:45 PM to 7 PM
Where: O'Shea's Tavern and Cigar Bar
Address: 449 Amherst Street, Nashua, NH

"We will probably adjourn to O'Shea's Tavern and Cigar Bar 449 Amherst
Street Nashua at 4:45pm, after Chris' memorial for a smoke and a drink
in his honor. If you cannot make the memorial but want to celebrate
his life with us, please feel free to join us!  We will probably be
there until 7pm."

-----

Day: SUN 28 DEC 2014
Time: 11 PM
Where: The Quill (Amory Street Used Furniture Outlet)
Address: 131 Amory Street, Manchester, NH

"Chris was a member of CotS [Church of the Sword] and a really great
guy who moved to Nashua.  Our condolences to his family and friends.
If you've never been to a CotS memorial, friends will share their
memories of Chris if they want to, and we'll play some songs we know
he liked or that he should have liked.  We try to make sure we have
beverages available, and sometimes people bring pie.  And that's
pretty much it, so if you're worried about a sermon, don't be."

According to their website, CotS is a "a non-denominational
organization" which does "not require members to believe in a god or
gods, nor is such belief a hindrance to membership. We believe in
life-long learning, self-ownership, and independent thought."

https://www.facebook.com/events/232038536966840/

-----

Clear skies, Mr. Gagnon.

-- Ben