From: bjepson <bjep...@gmail.com>
Date: April 2, 2009 9:47:18 AM EDT
To: Northeast User Group Leader Summit
<ne-ug-leader-sum...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Registering for the May 2 summit

Howdy,

If you're planning on joining us on May 2, be sure to register here:
http://neugsummit.eventbrite.com/

Join us on Saturday, May 2 for a special Northeast community/user
group leader summit.
Together we can help each other by sharing our experiences of running
a user group.

We will be focusing on the mechanics of running a group, not the
technical content, so pretty much anything goes.

Proposed topics include:

* Building community
* Finding relevant meeting topics in today's economy
* Attracting and keeping members
* Using social media and other tools to get the word out
* Working with vendors
* Collaborating on group events

We'll have a few set sessions to help get things started but then the
rest will be decided by you and your peers in typical Unconference-
fashion. We've invited a few community experts to; stay tuned for the
confirmed list.

We've also invited other industry notables, including Google, Red Hat,
Sourceforge, Wiley, Wrox, Safari Books Online, Addison-Wesely,
Pragmatic Programmers, Microsoft Press, No Starch, and APress.

Space is limited, and unfortunately we can only invite 2 members from
each user-group.

O'Reilly Media and Microsoft are hosting the event at Microsoft's
newest campus, the New England Research & Development office (NERD)
right in Kendall Square in Cambridge, MA. This fantastic space is
right on the Red Line of the MBTA, and there is ample on street free
parking available.
This is a free (as in beer) event, and we'll provde some snacks and
beverages throughout the day.
The event will run from 11AM-5PM; Reception following; doors open at
10:30.
We're looking forward to a great community event!

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC