On 07/26/2011 01:38 AM, Ben Scott wrote:
> if anyone wants, I'd be happy to record a
> meeting.

Doing it well enough for anybody to want to watch is tricky.  At least
expect to need a camera-man and a decent zoom lens.  A wireless
lavaliere mic is needed for good sound.  But then if there's any
essential A/V content, that's really hard to capture.  We've
brainstormed about doing something with a VNC recorder and somehow
mux-ing that with the presenter video stream.

I think the Google Tech Talks probably use non-cheap gear.

I did some audio recordings of DLSLUG talks, spent the requisite 3x time
to edit them, and got only couple nibbles on the downloads.  But
audio-only of a talk with an interactive shell demo is lame.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC