Greetings,

I am getting this warning message which looks like a bug to me:

    Warning: AT-SPI error: pre method check: add: Unknown CORBA
exception id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'

The problem happens as I iterate through the children of the desktop.
Retriving the 9th child of the desktop causes the warning:

    Accessible *desktop = SPI_getDesktop(0);
    if(desktop == 0) return 0;
    int dtChildCount = Accessible_getChildCount(desktop);
    int child;
    for(child = 0; child < dtChildCount; child++) {
        fprintf(stderr, "### before %d/%d\n", child + 1, dtChildCount);
        Accessible *desktopChild = Accessible_getChildAtIndex(desktop,
child);
        fprintf(stderr, "### after %d/%d   value: 0x%X\n", child + 1,
dtChildCount, desktopChild);

here is what the output looks like:

### before 1/18
### after 1/18   value: 0x80BF840
### before 2/18
### after 2/18   value: 0x80C3D38
### before 3/18
### after 3/18   value: 0x80C3AA8
### before 4/18
### after 4/18   value: 0x80C3820
### before 5/18
### after 5/18   value: 0x80C33E0
### before 6/18
### after 6/18   value: 0x80C5D48
### before 7/18
### after 7/18   value: 0x80C5B60
### before 8/18
### after 8/18   value: 0x80C5848
### before 9/18
Warning: AT-SPI error: pre method check: add: Unknown CORBA exception
id: 'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0'
### after 9/18   value: 0x0
### before 10/18
### after 10/18   value: 0x80C5648

Has anyone ever seen this before?  Is there some standard way to code
around this?  I'm getting the problem very repeatedly in exactly the
same spot.

-Sam