Some people consider game ROMs to be artwork, but they must contain some logic too. They're unmodifiable and sourceless in any case, so I think we shouldn't provide software who's only purpose is to run those ROMs. Thoughts?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] A small question
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:38:03 +0100
From: Sam Geeraerts <sam...@elmundolibre.be>
To: gnewsense-us...@nongnu.org

Alejandro Bravo wrote:
Say, can I install the Visual Boy Advance emulator on GNewSense? I don`t
know if that program is GNU, and I`d not like to install propietary software
on it.

It's currently available in our software repository, but I think it
shouldn't be: its only purpose is to run non-free software (ROMs) and
part of the packages itself also seems non-free (2xSaImmx.asm license) [1].

[1]
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/v/visualboyadvance/visualboyadvance_1.8.0-6/visualboyadvance.copyright