The only thing I can suggest, other than modifying the GnuDIP code, is
to specify a script of your own for the "nsupdate" parameter in
"gnudip.conf".

This script (which can just be a shell script - no need for Perl) would
have to parse the input for nsupdate, then pass the same input to the
real nsupdate command, and then depending on what it found from the
parsing, do whatever else needs to be done.

The input that GnuDIP generates for nsupdate is pretty simple. First try
writing a script that just grabs and logs the input using "logger", and
then calls the real nsupdate. Then add what you need.

Or perhaps someone else on this list would like to provide this as a
starting point?

How about posting this to the list afterwards? I think this general
technique could have many uses. I'll put it on the site somewhere.

--
Creighton MacDonnell
http://macdonnell.ca/