On 24/03/09 17:06, David Shaw wrote:
Try something like this.

To encode:

   gpg --export-secret-key (thekey) | paperkey --output-type raw | dmtxwrite -e8
-f pdf>  my_pdf_file.pdf

You can pass pdf, eps, svg, etc, to the -f option.  Use 'dmtxwrite -l'
to get a list of all supported image formats.

To decode:

   dmtxread -N1 my_pdf_file.pdf | paperkey --pubring ~/.gnupg/pubring.gpg>
my_new_secret_key.gpg

dmtxread and dmtxwrite are part of the very clever libdmtx package at
http://www.libdmtx.org/

I've actually been toying with building Data Matrix support directly
into paperkey (using libdmtx), but it's not clear what the point is
when dmtxread and dmtxwrite are so easy to use.

David

Thanks David, that is exactly what I was looking for. For some reason after I compiled libdmtx 0.7 the PDF and SVG formats are not available, but I can manage with PNG.

Regards,

Chris Hills