Hi David,

Great work!

Yes, such port makes sense and solves some of the issues (mostly GNU
libc portability) but unfortunately creates new issues, which I'm sure,
could be worked out and soon we should have more or less working first
ISO available with support for this new exciting architecture!

This is absolutely great development, and here is what I think it means
for Nexenta Community:

1) We now have two architectures on-going:
        - NexentaCore Sun/OpenSolaris
        - NexentaCore GNU/kOpenSolaris

2) We should expect more developers coming on board from
Debian/Ubuntu/Linux land and polish our APT repository even more

3) Nexenta OpenSolaris-oriented packaging will improve and many of
Nexenta patches will be backported back to upstream - Ubuntu and Debian

4) Debian acceptance of these two architectures - might happen real
soon.