Hello the list, after so long…

Doing a play (“Camping with Henry and Tom”) where the character Henry Ford
refers to two dances:  The Ripple and The Newport. A quick Google doesn’t
yiield anything. Did the playwright just make up these dance names, or were
they real dances around 1920? I’d very much like to hear from any reenactor who
has danced one or both, or even heard of one or both.

Any help appreciated!

—Ruth Anne Baumgartner