Mark Silberstein is giving a new advanced OS course in EE, see below.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mark Silberstein <m...@ee.technion.ac.il>
Date: Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: Help with spreading the word about my class
To: Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda <ladyp...@gmail.com>

This course is about computer systems, and it introduces “systems
perspective”, a way of thinking about systems that is global and
encompassing rather than focused on particular issues.  Using operating
systems as an example of real-life computer systems, students will study
design principles and advanced research topics in  operating systems
research.

The goals of this class are

   - to learn the main design principles of computer systems
   - to understand what systems research is and what it is not
   - to read classic systems papers that shaped the field
   - to understand technical details of systems concepts
   - to learn to present technical materials to others both orally and in
   written form.

We will read and discuss both classical and recent research papers from
major systems conferences (SOSP, ASPLOS, OSDI). We will focus on insights,
lessons and implications of various design decisions, as well as their
actual impact on real systems in the long run. Most of the selected papers
represent the "best of breed" publications in systems research, and we will
try to extract their "secret sauce" beyond exceptionally creative and
well-performed technical solutions.
http://moodle.technion.ac.il/course/view.php?id=3460

--
Orna Agmon Ben-Yehuda.