Hi all,

I suppose that the security freaks already know about this, and still,
this seems important enough for an alert.

In a nutshell, a bug in the mechanism that allows keepalive messages to
be sent to maintain an SSL link, also allows, accidentally, a remote
attacker to read a segment of up to 64 kBytes from the server's memory.
It's doesn't give access to any chunk of 64 kBytes, but it's a segment
which is likely to be dirty with data that belongs to the process
running openSSL. So there's a chance that data related to private keys
and passwords is revealed this way.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbleed

I haven't found any tool checking a local SSH server, say as source code
in C. I suppose it's being avoided for the sake of not supplying the
almost-finished attack to script kiddies.

Hag Sameah,

    Eli

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il