I am trying to install the GT.M compiler on a Manrdriva Linux 2006
system (2.6 kernel) and am getting the GTM error that the archive post
below says is because of SELinux. I disabled SELinux policies on the
system but I continue to get the error when running the configure script.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Siv Raman

  Re: [Hardhats-members] GTM error during Initialize

K.S. Bhaskar
Wed, 02 Aug 2006 09:22:55 -0700

Paul --

You are probably being hit by SELinux (Security Enhanced Linux).  My
guess is that its default setting is preventing a GT.M process from
executing code from heap space, a capability that GT.M requires in order
to dynamically compile and execute code.  You can either turn off
SELinux (check with SELinux documentation, e.g., ) or configure it.

I personally don't have experience with SELinux, but it has been
reported that:

   execstack -s /usr/local/gtm_V5.1-000/mumps

enables this permission.  It has also been suggested that you may need
to execute the following before the above (but try the above before you
do the following):

   setsebool -P allowexecstack=1

It has been reported that the following may also be required:

   chcon -t texrel_shlib_t /usr/local/gtm_V5.1-000/*.so

Regards
-- Bhaskar