Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:16:36 -0400
From: astemp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FWD: Librarians for Fairness
Sender: astemp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
--part1_6d.2dad2eec.2e1c9c38_alt_boundary

Dear Librarian/Educator,

Thank you for your interest in joining our growing organization,
Librarians for Fairness... a division of StandWithUs.com.

Our hope is to quickly build an organization with a  moderate voice, and we
need your help.

Please print out the attached form and fill it out.  OR, you can cut and
paste the form at the end of this e-mail and send it in with your check.

Mail it to us with your check for $15.00 which will help cover the cost of
building our new Librarians for Fairness website.  On this website you will be
able to alert us about  programs in your area that do not offer a balance of
speakers, films, or general information.
As an organization of librarians and educators, we will be able to voice
concern regarding unfair resolutions or one-sided programs promoted by the
ALA.
Please let us know if you are unable to download this document...and we will
help you.  Call the StandWithUs office at 310-836-6140.
If you have questions please direct them to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Thank you for taking care of this as soon as possible...
Send your check for $15.00, made out to StandWithUs,
with "Librarians for Fairness" in the memo....to:
StandWithUs
PO Box 341069
Los Angeles, CA
90034

The form is attached but here it is, just in case you are not able to open
the attachment...

 Librarians for Fairness  Membership Form

I agree to help Librarians for Fairness promote balance in our nation's
libraries.

Membership is $15.00 annually (additional donations are welcome to help defray web site, clerical, and postage costs).

Please provide the following information for contact purposes only by our
organizing committee and/or StandWithUs staff of Librarians for Fairness:

Your name:

Your Profession:

Type of library in which you work:

Institution, for identification purposes only (optional):

City, State, Country:

Please provide the following information, to be used for contact purposes only by the organizing committee and/or StandWithUs staff of "Librarians for Fairness":

Preferred Street Address: (optional):

Preferred Email Address(es):

HOME TELEPHONE: ___________________
WORK:  ____________________

CELL PHONE:_________________________
FAX:________________________

I am a member of the following state, local, and specialized library
organizations and other professional and voluntary organizations:

ALA: yes / no

AJLÂ Â  yes/no

IFLA: yes /no

Other affiliations
1)

2)

3)

4)

I am aware of or have witnessed libraries, librarians, or library associations promoting a one-sided agenda. Please describe below or, if you prefer, we can contact you offline.

We appreciate your suggesting others you believe would want to join
"Librarians for Fairness." Please include their names, cities, institutions,
and email
addresses:

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

I understand that my name will be kept confidential until Librarians for Fairness has a membership of 50. At that point, I will be notified that our group is large enough to become viable and more public. I will be given an opportunity to have my name included on a preliminary letterhead. I can have my name removed from future versions, if I so choose.

You may also choose to help without being officially listed as a member of
our coalition.
Your name and institution can remain completely confidential.

o    Please check here if you wish to remain an anonymous member.

HOME TELEPHONE: ___________________Â  Â  Â Â  Â Â  Â Â  Â Â