I would like to offer a totally unsolicited recommendation for a new
product that I read about in the New York Times and tried in my library:
"D_Skin" DVD protectors.  This is a thin, clear protective layer that
easily snaps onto any DVD.  You then insert the DVD into your player and
play as usual.  It plays right through the protective layer.  (I tried it
-- it really works!)  These skins protect DVDs from damaging scratches.  If
the skin tears, just snap on a new one.  I bought a pack of 20 for under
$25 from bestbuy.com online.  There is also a website to read about the
product (I don't have the web address handy, but I found it by Googling
"d_skin".  If anyone knows of any drawback to using this product, I'd love
to hear.  Thanks.

Elizabeth Edelglass, Library Director
Dept. of Jewish Education of Greater New Haven
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]