The news about the three Israeli kidnapped teens is unbelievable and
unbearable. As noted by many, "they" are "us," too. Our prayers are with their
families, friends, and all Jews everywhere. Just a reminder that the JECC has a
resource, RESPONDING TO CRISIS, that could be helpful for those of you working
on responses for campers, students or congregants. You'll find it linked below
with specific sections on responding with our heads (intellectually), our
hearts (emotionally) and our hands (getting involved). There are also tabs on:
"Talking with Children," "Avenues for Response" (could be helpful for camps or
synagogues), and "Texts from our Tradition." Feel free to pass along other
resources (generic, please, not situation-specific) to us at the JECC - we'll
keep updating the site over the next few days.
http://jeccrespondingtocrisis.weebly.com/israel.html

Heather Lenson
Director of the JECC's Libraries
2030 S. Taylor Rd.