I am very interested to know how librarians have handled the dilemma
regarding the book FRAGMENTS, MEMORIES OF A WARTIME CHILDHOOD, by Binjamin
Wilkomerski.  I didn't know this book was in our collection but it was
apparently a long-lost book that was just returned and so I am confronted
with it.

Those of you who know the title certainly recall the controversy surrounding
it - Truth? False? A Hoax? An Abomination? -- but what to do with the actual
book.  My strong personal inclination is to remove it from my collection
altogether, but if not, what to call it?  Fiction?  That feels offensive to
me; it was written as a child's memoir.

How have other synagogue and school librarians dealt with this title?

Many thanks,

Amy Turim

Temple Emanuel

Kensington, MD