We used Stories for Children, by IB Singer. The chapters to read at home
were assigned via the email school newsletter each week. The kids read the
stories at home with family, and on Sunday mornings at Learner's Minyan
they answered trivia questions about the reading in their groups. The
groups earned points, and at the end of the year the group with the most
points earned giant "Hershel" bars.

I modeled it on One School One Book-- easy to find on Mr Google.

Thanks

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 8:31 AM, Clare Kinberg <ckinb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm really interested in this "whole school read" idea. If others have
> done it successfully, what books have your used?
>

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM, Phoebe Potts <phoebe...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ....for small Sunday school, grades K-8, that students can read with
>> their families. Last year we did IBS's *Stories for Children*. Perfect
>> blend of Jewish life, history and fantasy. Small children were read aloud
>> to by parents. Not too juvenile for older kids. Looking for our next title,
>> and could use your suggestions!
>>
>> Thank you so much!
>>
>> ~Phoebe
>>
>> __
>> Messages and opinions expressed on Hasafran are those of the individual
>> author
>> and are not necessarily endorsed by the Association of Jewish Libraries
>> (AJL)
>> Ha-Safran Archives:
>> Current:
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/hasafran%40lists.service.ohio-state.edu/maillist.html