Hands-on cataloging for your non-cataloging staff
<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT00MjExNzQwJnA9MSZ1PTEwMjY2MjQzMzAmbGk9MjQzMTM5NDk/index.html>

Cataloging for Non-Catalogers
<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT00MjExNzQwJnA9MSZ1PTEwMjY2MjQzMzAmbGk9MjQzMTM5NDk/index.html>
with Sylvia Hall-Ellis
Item Number: 1541-9045

Publisher: ALA Editions

Price: $1,000.00

**Discounts apply for ALA members.

12-week eCourse
Beginning Monday, September 22

This eCourse is ideal for institutions and organizations that would like
non-cataloging staff to become proficient at hands-on cataloging-no prior
cataloging experience is required.

>From the basic core concepts to building their own records with several weeks
>of hands-on exercises, your staff can go from beginner to advanced cataloger
>in this eCourse. Participants will cover the latest trends, techniques, and
>instructions-including RDA: Resource Description and Access-to help catalog
>your materials.

In 12 weeks, participants will:

  *   Learn about different cataloging schemes and different types of records
  *   Learn the core concepts that govern the field of cataloging with an
emphasis on working in an online environment
  *   Learn how bibliographic description works, including the basics of
different cataloging standards and bibliographic formats
  *   Gain a thorough understanding of how authority control and subject access
work
  *   Catalog materials in a variety of formats and subject areas
  *   Use the Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme and the Library of Congress
Classification Scheme

Sylvia Hall-Ellis, an expert cataloger and instructor at the SJSU iSchool, will
guide this asynchronous eCourse.
Participants who complete this Advanced
eCourse<http://ala-publishing.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT00MjExNzQwJnA9MSZ1PTEwMjY2MjQzMzAmbGk9MjQzMTM5NDk/index.html>
 will receive a SJSU iSchool/ALA Publishing Advanced Certificate of Completion.

Stephanie (Sara Leah) Gross
MSLIS, MATESOL

Immediate Past Chair, AJL Mentoring
Pollack Library
Yeshiva University
500 West 185th Street
New York NY 10033-3229
212.960.5442
Skype: Stephanie.l.gross
http://www.linkedin.com/in/stephanielgross
http://yeshiva.academia.edu/StephanieGross

"As we look ahead to the next century, leaders will be those who empower
others." - Bill Gates.

__
Ha-Safran Archives:
Current: