In the last few days, I needed to do a Sun3 (68020) port of Glasgow
Haskell, version 0.10.  Some of you may be interested, so I am making
it available by anonymous FTP, from ftp.dcs.glasgow.ac.uk, in
pub/haskell/glasgow.  I have *not* tested the result thoroughly.

Sun3 binary distribution [in ghc-0.10-bin-sun3.tar.Z]: Everything you
need to run on a Sun3.  Roughly: move the files into place, fiddle the
driver script, and go.

Rudimentary porting kit [in the files working/*]: I built the Sun3
version from GHC-produced intermediate C (.hc) files.  I have gathered
up a set of the files required (ghc-0.10-hc-files.tar.Z), over and
above the standard source distribution.  I've also made a set of
*unofficial* diffs (vs 0.10) that reflect everything I did to get it
going, including GCC ``registerization'' to make it go faster.  The
diffs include some new documentation about porting.

It should not be *too* difficult to get an unregisterized (slow)
version going on any non-small Unix machine with plenty of disk space.
Also, it shouldn't be too hard to get a registerized version going on
any 680x0 Unix machine.  If you decide to take a porting plunge,
please get in touch beforehand, so that we can avoid duplicated
efforts.

Reminders: Glasgow Haskell, version 0.10, was released in early
December, 1992.  It is best supported on Sun4s, and there is a Sun4
binary distribution available, along with the complete source.

Will Partain