The surface files are in GIFTI format and documentation for the GIFTI format is
available at https://www.nitrc.org/projects/gifti.  GIFTI files support several
formats including ASCII (text) that can be viewed in a text editor.  A GIFTI
file is converted to ASCII format using Connectome Workbench’s “wb_command
-gifti-convert”.  There is also support for GIFTI in Matlab:
http://www.artefact.tk/software/matlab/gifti/

The GIFTI Surface File contains two sections: (1) The XYZ coordinates for each
vertex, and (2) Vertex indices that form the triangles (three consecutive
vertex indices form one triangle).  There is no explicit neighbor information
but it can be derived from triangle specifications.

John Harwell

On May 8, 2017, at 1:56 AM,