Hi,

The number of vertices on the surface is of the order of ~60k (excluding
subcortical regions). I wish to work in an ROI space (say 100 ROIs) by
clustering the cortical vertices that are near-by. To do so, I need to know
the co-ordinates of the vertices on the surface. I had the following
questions regarding this:

1. Does the data in *.dtseries.nii correspond to the time series of the
vertices after surface alignment? If so, which is the file containing the
coordinates of these vertices?

2. Do the vertices across patients correspond to the same region in the
brain? If this is true, shouldn't there be one surface file for all
subjects after alignment? I'm wondering why there's a surface file for each
subject.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Manasij