Please see the FAQ #2:
https://wiki.humanconnectome.org/display/PublicData/HCP+Users+FAQ

Peace,

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Manasij Venkatesh <mana...@umd.edu<mailto:mana...@umd.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 9:54 AM
To: "hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: [HCP-Users] About the .dlabel.nii file for the 180 parcellations in
your study

Hi,

I've been having some issues importing a *.dlabel.nii file to matlab using
ft_read_cifti. The error I obtain is "Invalid file identifier. Use fopen to
generate a valid file identifier"  but the *.dtseries.nii imports just fine.
Has this bug been fixed?

After looking at some old posts, I decided to instead use wb_command
-cifti-separate
Q1-Q6_RelatedParcellation210.CorticalAreas_dil_Final_Final_Areas_Group_Colors.32k_fs_LR.dlabel.nii
 COLUMN -label CORTEX_LEFT left.label.gii
to obtain the cluster labels. This works just fine since I can import this on
matlab using the gifti toolbox.

My question is about the anatomical names associated with these clusters. I
believe these are also contained in the *.dlabel.nii file? How do I separate
this information?

Sincerely,
Manasij