You can combine the ROIs into a single map (with a different integer for
each) with -cifti-reduce using INDEXMAX.  You should then also mask out the
areas that aren't in any ROI by using -cifti-reduce MAX on your ROIs file,
and then using -cifti-math with 'index * (mask > 0)'.  Finally, you need to
make that into a dlabel file with -cifti-label-import, and then
-cifti-parcellate will do what you expect.

If you have only a few ROIs, you could also split them into separate files
with -cifti-merge, and use them one at a time in -cifti-stats.

The -*-stats commands weren't originally designed to use multiple ROI maps
on the same data in one command.  The next release may have this feature.

Tim