Dear HCP Community,

I am relatively new to the HCP data and Connectome Workbench.  Our
neuroradiology laboratory at the University of Colorado is beginning to use it.
 It has already proved to be extremely helpful in aiding the interpretation of
existing resting state results.

My question is:  does the HCP Connectome Workbench provide an internal
mechanism for the generation of statistical comparisons / contrasts within or
between CIFTI files?  I am exploring the dense resting state connectivity data.
 My goal is to construct a contrast map for statistical inference.  I would
like to compare whole brain (surface "voxels" + subcortical / cerebellar
voxels) connectivity between two explicitly defined voxels within the dense
resting state connectivity CIFTI file (or construct new whole-brain
connectivity map CIFTI files for two explicitly defined voxels, and
statistically compare these two maps).  So, the desired resultant map / CIFTI
file would illustrate the statistically significant difference in connectivity
between these two points across the whole brain.  Is there a way to do this
with "-cifti-math" or the correlation command?  As a corollary, can this be
performed in FSL / PALM?  This is probably a very basic question, but coming
from years of SPM8 / SPM12 experience it is not very intuitive...

Any comments, suggestions, or pointers would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Michael F. Regner, M.D.
Departments of Radiology and Bioengineering
University of Colorado - Denver
E-mail: michael.reg...@ucdenver.edu<mailto:michael.reg...@ucdenver.edu>