Thank you for your responses. My data is indeed in a 32k (per hemisphere)
mesh. My question pertains to what counts as a medial wall? My impression
(but please correct me if I am wrong) is that  when using the MATLAB
command ciftiopen, there are 64.9k vertices (32k per hemisphere). and when
using the MATLAB command ft_read_cifti, there are ~59.5k vertices.  The
results from the ft_read_cifti produce around 5.5k NANS corresponding to
the discrepancy between ciftiopen and ft_read_cifti. My impression is that
these ~5.5k NANS are the medial wall vertices.

On the other hand,  when using the "RSN-networks.32k_fs_LR.dlabel.nii”,
there are 8 distinct numbers.
 From workbench (cifti-label-export-table) I notice that one of these
numbers corresponds to FreeSurfer_Defined_Medial_Wall, while the other 7 to
 7Networks_X.

The NANS and the FreeSurferDefined_Medial_Wall vertices match up mostly.
However, there is a gap. There is only a ~5k overlap between the ~5.5k NANs
and the vertices corresponding to the group: FreeSurfer_Defined_Medial_Wall.
Any ideas why the groups would be slightly different (mismatch of 500
vertices) between the NANS and the FreeSurfer_Defined_Medial_Wall?

Thank you,
David Hartman