What kind of resolution are you looking to do and for what purpose?

Peace,

Matt.

From:
<hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users-boun...@humanconnectome.org>>
 on behalf of Sebastien Hetu <sebh...@vtc.vt.edu<mailto:sebh...@vtc.vt.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM
To: "Harms, Michael" <mha...@wustl.edu<mailto:mha...@wustl.edu>>,
"hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>"
<hcp-users@humanconnectome.org<mailto:hcp-users@humanconnectome.org>>
Subject: Re: [HCP-Users] signal to noise ratio

Hi Michael,

for now preprocessing and SNR analysis are pretty basic, similar to what was
done in Preibisch et al. 2015 (Evaluation of MB EPI Acquisitions for RS fMRI,
PLOS ONE).
Preprocessing only includes motion correction and SNR=mean of signal/SD of
signal across the time course.

We would like to try using the sequences with a higher spatial resolution and
thus wanted to see the possible drop in SNR if we did this. As a first step, we
wanted to get an idea of the SNR at the base resolution but the SNR (using this
crude preprocessing) seems to be pretty low even at base spatial resolution.
Hence, I wanted to know what kind of SNR we could get using the best case
scenario (e.g., HCP-like preprocessing).

Thanks

seb