Thanks Tim et al,

I have some follow-up questions:

 * I am performing tractography by defining an individual coordinate
   (in mm not voxels). If I use an XYZ that corresponds to one of the
   vertices on the 'white.32k' surface, that should correspond to the
   same point in the DWI data. Correct?
 * Would the rotation affect this? ("just rotated and moved to the
   usual orientation"). I was under the impression that the DWI and T1
   were also rotated into the usual orientation.

You state:

   "The surfaces in T1w are generated first, as we run freesurfer on
   the structural scans to generate them."
   I assume that these are the ones living in T1w/Native/

   "We then apply the FNIRT warpfield to them to get the MNINonLinear
   versions."
   These live in MNINonLinear/Native

   Then you downsample them to 32k... in MNINonLinear/fsaverage_LR32k

   The minimal processing pipeline publication (Glasser et al 2013)
   then states:
   "Finally, this 32k_fs_LR mesh [I'm assuming the one mentioned in the
   point above] is transformed from MNI space back to the native volume
   space"

The question is:

 * Is this now a correct interpretation?

Regards,