Insane,

Due to the way string objects are handled in .NET, you've got to do a
workaround. There are some examples in the archives, the keyword is Chararray.
We use the Chararray class to generate a character array which is what the HDF
library ends up using. There were some examples in the .NET docs, but I can't
find them after the migration to the hdf5.net domain.

http://mail.hdfgroup.org/pipermail/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org/2009-June/000216.html
http://mail.hdfgroup.org/pipermail/hdf-forum_hdfgroup.org/2009-September/001765.html

Scott

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exelis Inc. The
recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. Exelis Inc. accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this e-mail.