Albert,

On 5/7/2013 12:50 PM, Albert Cheng wrote:

Since the configure process is executed in the front end which is a Linux system, configure naturally thinks it is working in a Linux system, therefore it goes to the Linux configure settings. I think the right solution is to tell configure to build for a cross-compiling Cray system. This will take some effort and won't be available in the pending release v1.8.11. We are planning to provide it in the next release.

The Cray wrappers that you provide with configure (cc and ftn) should do all the cross compiling you need. The bug that Neil is talking about does not have to do with cross compiling. There is just an issue when Cray compilers are used in the Cray build wrappers. This issue, we hope, would be fixed in the next release.

We recommend now that you don't use the cray compilers. Usually Cray supercomputers provide other compilers like PGI and GNU that should work fine.

Thanks,
Mohamad