Il 5/22/2013 6:43 PM, Sean McBride ha scritto:
On Wed, 22 May 2013 07:47:25 +0200, marco atzeri said:

testing 1.8.11 on the new cygwin64 platform with

Failures with the dt_arith test have been reported years ago, but it seems
fixing it is not at the top of anyone's list. :)

The test invokes undefined behaviour, and modern optimizing compilers like gcc
4.8 are more and more performing optimizations assuming undefined behaviour
does not occur.

Cheers,

Thanks Sean ,
I saw on another package the gcc-4.8 optimization is producing wrong
output so I was just wondering if it was a compiler general issue
or it was specific of our new cygwin64 platform

Invoking "undefined behaviour" on a test should be avoided. IMHO

Regards
Marco