If its linux quite possible its "user mode linux" which is totally
unsuitable for running games. If this is the case forget it and
get a really host.

   Steve

Juston Griggs wrote:
I'm trying to reconfigure hl2mp on my linux server, and now I'm
getting the Unable to determine CPU Frequency error message when I
try to do anything. There a way to make steam & srcds ignore the cpu
frequency check or go around it? I know the server can run the game.
But I cant get around this. heres what im using:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] hl2dm]$ ./steam -command update -game "hl2mp" -dir .
Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
Unable to determine CPU Frequency
[EMAIL PROTECTED] hl2dm]$

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]